Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sunday in the Zoo with Family


W. and E. start off our zoo pictures. E. had just looked over, hence the look on her face.

Phil tells the girls all about donkeys. Well, all he knows about donkeys which is repeating "Donkey" over and over again. The toddlers look amused.

Poppa catches Izzie's attention once again. Donkeys have nothing on him.

Imagine my shock and delight when I saw that the zoo was surrounded by trees. Trees people! I'm in the middle of the North Dakota prairies and there are trees surrounding me! They were cottonwoods, and there was cotton floating all around us. If you look closely at the walkway/ground, you can see some.

W. loves the horses, so naturally we spent a while with them. I don't know what Izzie thought of them, but....
...everyone sure seemed interested. (I love the line of noses in this picture.)

Ducks. Izzie loves ducks. Not as much as she loves parks, but close.

The otter habitat. We got there just as he climbed out of the water. He didn't climb back in, even after I offered to be his life guard. Jerk.

Phil's parents treated all of us to a zoo train ride. I look a little stressed (I can see my pinched mouth from here) because Izzie just saw a park (which was beside the train) and I'm trying to keep her in the train. We had to buy popcorn to keep her satisfied.
Last shot. The cousins on a sewer grate. They climbed up there, but once the cameras were brought out, Izzie changed her mind. Kudos to Poppa for trying to keep her on there. But once she's decided, there's no stopping her.

Well, that is all. I hope you enjoyed our vacation photos as much as we enjoyed our vacation.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete