Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hello Old Friend..

Back in 2004, I moved from Toronto to Kenora. Taking with me two bags of summer clothes and some toiletries. Nothing else. All the movies, C.D.'s, pictures, winter clothing and knick knacks I had accumulated over the 20 odd years of my life had to be put in storage in the basement of the woman's house I had been living in.

A few months ago, that woman contacted me to let me know that she was moving and my stuff had to be moved. Being here in Winnipeg, that was hard for me to do. But my wonderful brother and his girlfriend in Toronto swooped in and solved the problem for me. To make a long story a bit shorter, the boxes of stuff are now here!

And with them, my sewing machine. Bought for me by my mother...

It's a beast and is at least twice the weight of my daughter. And I missed it.
I can soon start on some projects from my new book. You know, after I buy fabric and thread and proper scissors and an iron. Yes, I don't have an iron.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to dig out my VHS copy of Dirty Dancing and be a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment