Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Post (that turned a bit opinionated)

Well that didn't go as planned...

We didn't go to the Go Green, Go Dutch, Go Bike festival on Saturday. Turns out helmets were mandatory for adults and children, and I don't wear a helmet. If you are interested in why I don't wear a helmet read on. If not, skip the rest of this paragraph: It is not required by law here in Winnipeg, it gives cyclists a false sense of security (causing them to bike irresponsibly) and the helmet only helps for impact force. It does not help with rotational forces. If you are interested in reading more on helmet "safety" click here. Izzie does wear a helmet as children riding in bike seats are required by law. But I do think it's a good idea for children up to a certain age/skill level to wear helmets while biking, since they do help in the event of a fall.

Today we did make it to the Teddy Bear Picnic, but we were so late that we only ended up being there for 20 minutes. It was a madhouse, filled with super long lines and lots of sights and sounds. Izzie was a bit overwhelmed. I did meet up with a mom from my old playgroup and she told me about a playgroup for ages 1 - 4 in the Fort Rouge area of Winnipeg. Which is wonderful since Izzie's Baby Rhyme Time through the library just drew to a close and I've been scrambling to find something else.

I did not bring the camera to Teddy Bear Picnic, I was a bit spacey. Once we left, we had to come back for sun screen and Izzie's hat. Whoops.

But we had a wonderful weekend. Lots of biking, treats, excitement and time with Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment