Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to normal

Today marked the first day of the end of the holidays. Gone are the days when Phil or my mom are here, hanging out with Izzie and I. Sad is I. But also happy to get back to our regular routine. It's hard to keep Izzie on her schedule when people are home, we both want to party! And believe me, Izzie needs to be on a schedule. She wont sleep if she's not.

Today was also the first day that all of us in the house started to feel normal. The ninja cold seems to have moved on, and Izzie was much more active. She is starting to run (with help, of course) down the hallways. Her top half tends to get a bit more mometum than the bottom half. I can no longer plop her in the Jolly Jumper so I can drudge through the dishes, vaccum or other neccessary household clean ups. Those have to wait till a nap or till Phil comes home....or a few days.

So Izzie and I hung out in the house, not venturing outside. The weather was -32 degrees Celsius, which is damn cold. We have a new game that we can play, hide and go seek. I tell Izzie that I am hiding, run around a corner, crouch down and pretend to hide. I peek out every now and then to make sure she's headed my way and either gasp or say "peek-a-boo" really loudly. And she crawls or "wall-walks"(walks with assistance fromt the walls) towards me. We can pass a good long while doing this. It tires her out, and gets me off my butt. Also, it's a good way to get Izzie into the room I want her in. We also spend a bit of time going up stairs. I can always gauge how tired she is by this. The more tired, the longer it takes. There have been a few times when she'll only make it up a few flights and we have to go for a nap. Now she has to learn to go downstairs, but we're not there yet.

I have also decided something this past week. It's about breastfeeding, so if you don't like reading about that than stop here......... I have decided to continue with the breast feeding. When I started, I was happy to reach year 1 and then be over with it. But I enjoy it, Izzie enjoys it and the benifits of continuing are numerous. I will not put an expiration date on breastfeeding. I will allow it to naturally occur and to continue only while Izzie and myself enjoy it. If she decides to self wean early, so be it. And that is all I have to say about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment