Friday, January 15, 2010

It's Neighbourly, not Neighborly

Remember this post? I spoke of a sweater vest I was making called Neighborly. Well folks, it's finally finished.

Before sleeves

Took long enough, huh? First it was the fact that I couldn't find 5mm circular bamboo needles. (I only work with bamboo since metal and plastic needles make a noise that turns my stomach. I know, I'm such a diva.) Then it was the yarn I chose for the collar. It was to soft/flimsy to stand up. And that was after blocking it twice. So I decided to use seed stitch instead of buying new yarn.

I wanted to take pictures outside since it would look cool,
but that would just be mean so I took the pictures inside.

Once I got started, I was like a woman on fire! I sat and knitted while chips were present. I sat and knitted while people came to visit. I sat and knitted while Izzie cried for me to play instead. The last one is only half true. You can totally knit while playing hide and seek with a little one.
I also ran out of the grey yarn but I like how it turned out. Now I need a new project. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. The sweater is stunning! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, I am loving your loving of my knitting.

    Thanks Emily Jane! Nice to meet you, and knitting is super easy once you get the hang of it. Just tying loops with sticks.

    ReplyDelete