Thursday, January 21, 2010

Around the House

Gratuitous shot of the kitties hiding from Izzie is always a great way to start off a post, don't you think?
The past two weeks have been lovely. Lots of above average temps, to even out the evil below average temps we were battling with earlier I'm sure, and lots of getting outside on the bakfiets. But then there are the days when we stay home. Today will be one of those days.

Sure we'll get outside for a walk or to clean off the walkways/patios. But today is a special day. It's bread making day.
I make all of our bread from scratch. I love making it, and we all enjoy eating the fresh bread. But there are two main reasons why I make our bread. I never know when bread will have milk in it, (most breads don't, but I don't want to chance it. The outcome is bad.) and to cut back on cost. And do we ever! We are big bread eaters. And it shows....

I love to knead the dough. I love it when Izzie "helps" me prepare the dough. She loves to watch me while I take sevreal different ingredient and turn it into a ball of goop. It's a great way for us to spend most of our day. And yes, the recipe we settled on takes up a bit of my day....and covers me in flour.

So if you'll excuse me, my helper and I have bread to create.

UPDATED: Just asked Izzie if she wants to help me make bread. "No." Alright then.

2 comments:

  1. The Guinness hand towel is awesome... ;)

    I've always wanted to make bread. Have been meaning to for years. Is it hard to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just how I roll. The Guinness towel is a staple at my house...actually, we just found it in a box somewhere and decided it could be used.

    I find the hardest part of bread making is the yeast rising. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. It isn't hard to make bread though. Hard to find a recipe that everyone likes, but make? Nah.

    ReplyDelete